Offered quarterly, The Employment Law Aftermath with Manesh Rath highlights the most impactful employment law developments in the past ninety days in OSHA, labor, employment, and wage and hour law, monitoring both case law nationwide as well as federal regulatory and statutory proceedings.
For over eleven years, in-house counsel from over eighty companies have been attending -- and returning -- to the quarterly Employment Law Aftermath series.
Topics that were covered during the program:
1. A rare decision considering whether the DOL would owe attorney's fees for a failed claim that independent contractors should have been employees
2. Efforts by the NLRB and OSHA to attack the franchise and subcontractor business models
3. The 3rd Circuit considered whether paid suspensions should be treated as adverse actions
4. A 9th Circuit decision considering whether a 10 year age difference is sufficient to support an age claim
5. A critical 2nd Circuit decision evaluating the EEOC's duty to properly investigate
To view this presentation, please click here.